THINK LOCALLY ACT GLOBALLY
Farm unions seek relaxation in moisture content, relief for losses
Ahmedgarh, October 26
Organisations fighting for repeal of the three contentious farm laws under the Samyukat Kisan Morcha have sought relaxation in the moisture norms for purchase of paddy during the ensuing season and demanded a fair compensation for damages caused due to the recent downpour to paddy crop in fields.
Farmers, led by leaders of their outfits, have apprehended that sowing of next crops will also be delayed in case procurement agencies insisted on a present norms of moisture.
The farmers alleged that the government was bent upon adopting tactics to end the MSP by further delaying procurement on the pretext of higher moisture content, which was caused due to factors beyond control of paddy cultivators. They demanded that the Centre should grant fair compensation from the national disaster relief fund to farmers whose crops had been damaged due to recent rains.
Bharti Kisan Union (Kadian) president Harmeet Singh Kadian regretted that the government had failed to comprehend that agriculture had never been a remunerative vocation and its sustenance depended on various factors, including weather. Challenging the government's decision to fix 17 per cent moisture content of the paddy as standard for procurement, he said: "Now, when rains and hailstorm have caused massive damage to the paddy crop when farmers had delayed harvesting due to adamancy of procurement agencies, the government should seek expert opinion whether it was possible for farmers to further delay the process."
Urging the government to allow procurement of paddy with 24 per cent moisture, Kadian demanded Rs 40,000 per acre compensation for farmers whose paddy crop was damaged completely due to recent rains. — OCRead More
Agriculture Dept unearths haul of ‘illegal’ growth stimulant for crops
Ludhiana, October 26
A flying squad of the Department of Agriculture, Punjab, conducted a raid at a godown on the premises of the Grain Market, located on the rear of Arora Palace on Gill Road, here, on Monday and seized a big haul of allegedly unauthorised growth stimulant product for crops.
Seized 807 boxes worth Rs76 lakh: official
Chief Agriculture Officer Narinder Singh Benipal said the flying squad unearthed a big haul of the growth stimulant namely nutrozen of Crystal Crop Protection Limited on the premises of the grain market. "We have seized the stock of 807 boxes of the product worth around Rs76 lakh. A case has been registered under Sections 420 and 120-B of the IPC and Essential Commodity Act, 1955, against the accused," he said.
Chief Agriculture Officer, Ludhiana, Narinder Singh Benipal, said the flying squad unearthed a big haul of the growth stimulant namely nutrozen of Crystal Crop Protection Limited on the premises of the grain market.
He said: "This scandal was going on in an unauthorised godown at the grain market. The seized growth stimulant, nurtozen, can't be sold under FCO 1985."
Benipal said: "The stock was not taken in the official records of the company. The record which the company staff had produced was totally bogus. There is a need for further investigation by the police. The stock of the product was earlier supplied to various dealers."
"We have seized the stock of 807 boxes of the product worth around Rs 76 lakh. A case has been registered under Sections 420, 120-B and Essential Commodity Act, 1955, against the accused," he said.Read More
Gill village, BCM schools emerge champions
Ludhiana, October 26
Government Girls Senior Secondary School, Gill village, and BCM Senior Secondary School, Focal Point, emerged champions in the girls and boys' sections, respectively, in the 24th Junior Ludhiana District Softball Championship held at Guru Nanak Stadium here.
In the girls' category, Government Girls Senior Secondary School, Gill, proved too good for Government School, Mallan, near Jagraon, as the former came out triumphant hands down (6-0) to win the title. In the hard-line cup match, BCM Senior Secondary School, Focal Point, drubbed Nightingale Senior Secondary School, Ludhiana, 24-8 to secure the third position.
In the girls' category, Government Girls Senior Secondary School, Gill, proved too good for Government School, Mallan, near Jagraon, as the former came out triumphant hands down (6-0) to win the title.
In the hard-line cup match, BCM Senior Secondary School, Focal Point, drubbed Nightingale Senior Secondary School, Ludhiana, 24-8 to secure the third position.
In the boys' section, BCM Senior Secondary School, Focal Point, outplayed DAV Public School, BRS Nagar, 5-0 to clinch the title while in the match to decide the third position, Guru Nanak Model School, Dholewal, defeated Government Senior Secondary School, Kasabad, 7-2 to finish at the victory podium.
Pran Nath Passi, general secretary, Punjab Softball Association, was the chief guest at the prize distribution function. Office-bearers of the Ludhiana District Softball Association, coaches and players were among others present.Read More
Day after road mishaps, civic body chief issues notices to contractors
Ludhiana, October 26
MC Commissioner Pardeep Kumar Sabharwal on Monday issued show-cause notices to the two contractors, Kabir Construction Company and Suresh Kumar, over road mishaps occurred at New Shivaji Nagar and Haibowal where commuters had a narrow escape.
In the notices, the Commissioner has given them a week to file reply and in case they fail to give any reply or any satisfactory clarification, action would be taken accordingly.
He said the Kabir Construction firm was carrying out a rainwater drain work in New Shivaji Nagar and it had not installed any signboard regarding the construction work or barricades due to which a Honda Activa rider had a narrow escape after he fell into the overflowing drain water along with his vehicle.
A man and his son had a close shave after the car they were travelling in got stuck in a road cave-in at Haibowal. Suresh Kumar, the contractor, was carrying out the work at this site.
Sabharwal said from the two incidents, it was visible that both contractors failed to comply with instructions issued by the MC at construction sites.
He said it was clearly negligence of them as they failed to take any safety measures which could had been proved fatal for the commuters.
The MC Commissioner said the civic body would not tolerate any kind of negligence and officials would supervise the ongoing construction works daily to ensure quality and speedy completion. — TNSRead More1
PM Free Solar Pump Yojana : किसानो को फ्री सोलर पंप, लाभ के लिए करे आवेदन,
t4unews::PM Free Solar Pump Yojana : किसानो को मिल रहे फ्री सोलर पंप, लाभ के लिए करे आवेदन, अंतिम तिथि जल्द समाप्त होने वाली है जल्दी करें : कुसुम योजना (Kusum Yojana) किसानों (Farmers) पर एक 90% सब्सिडी प्राप्त कर सकते हैं ।सौर जल पंप योजना कब लागू होकर बहुत जल्द ही क्रियान्वित होने जा रही है। यह योजना बिजली और नवीन और नवीकरणीय ऊर्जा मंत्रालय के तहत शुरू की गई है। प्रधानमंत्री सौर पंप योजना (Pradhan Mantri Solar Pump Yojana) का उद्देश्य भारत के किसानों (Farmers) को अतिरिक्त आय स्रोत प्रदान करना है जिसे हर किसान अपने खेत पर बिजली बनाकर प्राप्त कर सकता है।सरकार भारत कुसुम योजना (Kusum Yojana) की मदद से की सिंचाई प्रणाली को अद्यतन करने और साथ ही सौर ऊर्जा उत्पादन को बढ़ावा देने की योजना बना रही है। कुसुम योजना (PM Free Solar Pump Yojana) के लागू होने से निश्चित रूप से सौर ऊर्जा के उत्पादन को बढ़ावा मिलेगा। सरकार 3 करोड़ से ज्यादा डीजल और पेट्रोल पंपों को सोलर पावर पंप से बदलेगी। जिससे पर्यावरण को अपरोक्ष रूप से सहयोग मिलेगा और किसानों को लाभ का धंधा खेती को बनाने में सहयोग मिलेगा।
कुसुम योजना नवीनतम Update
1 फरवरी 2020 को केंद्रीय बजट की घोषणा की गई और वित्त मंत्री निर्मला सीतारमण ने कहा कि सरकार 2022 तक किसान (Farmer) की आय को दोगुना करने का प्रयास करेगी और कृषि क्षेत्र (Agriculture Area) के विकास पर ध्यान केंद्रित करेगी। इसी को ध्यान में रखते हुए सरकार ने इस योजना (PM Free Solar Pump Yojana) का लाभ प्रथम चरण में 20 लाख किसानों को सोलर पंप की स्थापना के लिए खर्च करने का निर्णय लिया है।इतना ही नहीं किसान (Farmer) की आय बढ़ाने और समर्थन देने के लिए वित्त मंत्री द्वारा कई अन्य प्रस्तावों की घोषणा करते हुए प्रस्तावित किया गया है। जो आगामी होने वाले चुनाव के समय तक किसानों को राहत प्रदान करेगा और सरकार का वोट बैंक बढ़ाएगा।
पीएम सोलर पंप योजना
यह सोलर पंप योजना (Solar Pump Yojana) सालाना 80000 रुपये कमाने का मौका दे रही है । सौर ऊर्जा (Kusum Solar Pump Yojana) उत्पन्न करने के लिए सरकार अब बंजर भूमि का उपयोग करेगी। 1 मेगावाट सोलर प्लांट लगाने के लिए केंद्र सरकार को 5 एकड़ जमीन की जरूरत है। प्रत्येक 1 मेगावाट क्षमता का सौर संयंत्र सालाना आधार पर लगभग 11 लाख यूनिट बिजली पैदा करेगा। जिसे अप किसान व्यक्तिगत रूप से और सामूहिक रूप से कार्य करते हुए पूरा कर सकते हैं।
खुशी सोलर पंप योजना
बिजली मंत्रालय और नवीन और नवीकरणीय ऊर्जा के अनुसार , DISCOMs (वितरण कंपनियां) इस योजना (PM Free Solar Pump Yojana) के माध्यम से उत्पादित बिजली खरीदती हैं। किसान की जमीन पर सोलर पैनल (Kusum Solar Pump Yojana) लगाने वाली बिजली कंपनी जमींदार को 30 पैसे प्रति यूनिट का भुगतान करेगी, जो लगभग 6600 रुपये प्रति माह है। जिन किसानों की जमीन बंजर है पहाड़ी है पथरीली है उनके लिए योजना स्वर्ण की जैसी है।
Pradhan Mantri Solar Pump Yojana Details
कुसुम योजना (PM Kusum Yojana) के तहत भारत सरकार भारत के किसानों (Farmers) को कई लाभ प्रदान कर रही है। किसान सौर सिंचाई पंप (farmer Solar Sinchai Pump) लगाकर पेट्रोलियम ईंधन की लागत बचाते हैं। योजनाओं का दूसरा लाभ यह है कि किसान (Farmer) अतिरिक्त बिजली सीधे सरकार को बेच सकते हैं। कुसुम योजना (Kusum Yojana) केंद्र सरकार की दोहरा लाभ योजना है। प्रधानमंत्री सौर पैनल योजना (Pradhan Mantri Solar Pump Yojana) उन किसानों को अतिरिक्त आय प्रदान करेगी जो इन 2 मेगावाट सौर सिंचाई पंपों को स्थापित करेंगे।
पीएम सोलर पैनल योजना 2021 के लाभ
रियायती मूल्य पर सौर सिंचाई की सुविधा दी जाएगी। जिसमें किसी प्रकार का कोई इंधन का इनपुट नहीं होगा।
कुसुम योजना (Kusum Yojana) आय के अतिरिक्त स्रोत प्रदान करेगी।
भारत के सभी किसान कुसुम योजना (Kusum Solar Pump Yojana) के लिए आवेदन कर सकते हैं
कुसुम योजना पंजीकरण प्रक्रिया
यदि आप कुसुम योजना (PM Kusum Yojana) के लिए आवेदन करना चाहते हैं तो दिए गए साइट के अनुभाग में जाएं जहां हम आपको किसान (Farmer) ऊर्जा सुरक्षा और उत्थान महाभियान योजना के तहत पंजीकरण के लिए सीधे लिंक का मूल्य निर्धारण कर रहे हैं।
पर जाएं आधिकारिक वेबसाइट के कुसुम योजना (Kusum Yojana) आधिकारिक वेबसाइट पर प्रस्तुत पंजीकरण अनुभाग पर क्लिक करें
सभी आवश्यक विवरण प्रदान करें
किसानों (Farmers) ने अपना आधार नंबर और आधार से जुड़ा राष्ट्रीयकृत बैंक खाता जमा किया होगा।
डिक्लेरेशन सेक्शन पर क्लिक करें और फिर फॉर्म के आखिरी में सबमिट बटन पर क्लिक करें।
किसान ऊर्जा योजना (Kisan Solar Yojana) के तहत सफलतापूर्वक पंजीकरण करने के बाद।
चयनित हितग्राहियों को निर्देशित किया जाता है कि सोलर पंप सेट की 10 प्रतिशत लागत विभाग द्वारा स्वीकृत आपूर्तिकर्ताओं को जमा करायें।
सब्सिडी राशि स्वीकृत होने के बाद किसान (Farmer) के खेत में सोलर पंप सेट (Solar Pump Sets) चालू कर दिया जाता है।
सामान्य परिस्थितियों में, सौर पंप सेट 90 से 120 दिनों के भीतर चालू हो जाएगा।
पंजीकरण सूची कुसुम योजना
सबसे पहले कुसुम योजना (Kusum Yojana) की आधिकारिक वेबसाइट पर जाएं।
वेबसाइट का होमपेज स्क्रीन पर दिखाई देगा।
“कुसुम योजना के तहत पंजीकृत आवेदक की सूची” विकल्प का चयन करें।
विकल्प पर क्लिक करने के बाद एक नया पेज खुलेगा जिसमें कुसुम योजना (PM Free Solar Pump Yojana) के तहत पंजीकृत आवेदक की सूची होगी।
अब कोई भी आसानी से सूची (PM Kusum Free Solar Pump Yojana) में अपना नाम देख सकता है।Read More
Today's top News : 25th Oct. 2021
t4unews : Today's top News : 25th Oct. 2021
1. Over 106 crore 79 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been provided to States and Union Territories so far.
2. PM Modi in his monthly Mann Ki Baat broadcast, hailed healthcare workers for the vaccine milestone and said he knew that they would leave no stone unturned to vaccinate the people of the country. He appreciated the work of health care workers.
3. PM Modi reminded people to be Vocal For Local in the festival season. He said that if people buy local, then artisans and weavers' households will also be lit up in the festive season.
4. The birth anniversary of Bhagwan Birsa Munda is on the 15th of November. PM Modi said Bhagwan Birsa Munda is also known as 'Dharti Aaba', which means Father of the Earth. He said Bhagwan Birsa Munda taught people to take pride in their culture and roots. Mr Modi said the foreign rule subjected him to countless threats but he did not relinquish tribal culture.
5. PM Modi will be on a day-long visit to Uttar Pradesh today. He will launch the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojna (PMASBY) nationwide at a function organised in Varanasi. With the total outlay of Rs 64,180 Crore the centrally sponsored scheme PMASBY aims to fill the gaps in health infrastructure.
6. MAAN KI BAATH @ 24 OCT HIGHLIGHTS. WEEKEND NEWs REVIEW ( National, International, Defence, Sports and World)
7. Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday inaugurated the new campus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jammu amid tight security arrangements. The new campus of IIT Jammu, built at a cost of Rs 210 crore, has all the modern facilities for the students. It is a state of the art research centre to cater to students of various disciplines and is meant for research and development.
8. Petrol and diesel prices witnessed a hike for the fifth consecutive day across the country on Sunday. a hike of Rs 0.35, the price of petrol in the national capital increased to Rs 107.59 per litre. The price of diesel also saw a hike of Rs 0.35 in Delhi thereby amounting to Rs 96.32 per litre respectively.
9. The centre has drawn up plans to promote sites across the country associated with Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose through curated tours as part of events to commemorate the anniversary of the formation of the Azad Hind government, On October 21, 1943, Bose had announced the formation of the provisional government of Azad Hind in occupied Singapore.
10. Andhra Pradesh : A total of 21 persons were arrested for allegedly attacking the Telugu Desam (TD) central office and a TD leader’s house in Vijayawada.
11. Bihar : The fifth Phase of Panchayat Elections passed off peacefully in Bihar. No untoward incident has been reported from any part of the state. For the first time, EVMs was used in Panchayat polls in the state. Electoral fortune of 92 thousand 972 candidates are sealed in EVMs.
12. Jammu : An arrested Pakistani terrorist was killed, while three security personnel were injured on Sunday when militants opened fire on a joint search party of the Army and police inside a forest in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
13. Karnataka : Followers of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) held a peaceful march on Saturday in Hare Krishna Hill area of Bengaluru to condemn the attack on Hindu minorities in Bangladesh.
14. Kerala : The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Sunday issued an orange alert to four districts of Kerala for October 26 and a yellow alert to other districts for Monday. They are Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam and Idukki.
15. Tamil Nadu : The Tamil Nadu government has further extended the lockdown restrictions till November 15 with some relaxations in the state to stop the spread of Covid-19.
16. Telangana’s floral festival Bathukamma went global on 23 Oct after it was showcased on the world’s largest screen at Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building in Dubai.
17. Telangana : For better safety and security of women, Hyderabad Police's 'She' unit started a new initiative called 'Saat Saat Ab Aur Bhi Pass' that was launched by the Hyderabad City Police on Saturday.
18. Bollywood : South India Superstar Rajinikanth, chosen for the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award by the Centre for the year 2020.
✈️ ⛴️ D E F E N C E ???? ????️
. Top commanders of the Indian Army will carry out an extensive review of the country's security challenges, including in eastern Ladakh as well as other sensitive areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China, at a four-day conference beginning Monday.
2. The Centre on 22 Oct granted permanent commission to 39 women Army officers. A total of 72 women officers had approached the Supreme Court after they were denied permanent commission on various grounds. The court’s order came after the Centre informed the judges about the outcome of re-examination of the cases of 72 women officers.
A permanent commission means a career in the army till retirement, while Short Service Commission is for 10 years, with the option of either leaving or opting for Permanent Commission at the end of 10 years. If an officer doesn’t get Permanent Commission then, the officer can choose a four-year extension
3. Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat said that "overflow" of the situation in Afghanistan can happen in Jammu and Kashmir and "we have to prepare for it".
seal our borders, monitoring has become very important. We have to keep an eye on who's coming from outside, He also said that common people and tourists have to face the burden of heavy checking and they should understand that it's for their safety and security.
1. China passes new land border law amid military standoff with India. The law, which becomes operational from January 1 next year, stipulates that "the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the People's Republic of China are sacred and inviolable".
2. The law also stipulates that the state shall take measures to strengthen border defence, support economic and social development as well as opening-up in border areas, improve public services and infrastructure in such areas, encourage and support people's life and work there, and promote coordination between border defence and social, economic development in border areas.
3. China has no authority at all to get involved in choosing the next Dalai Lama, especially since the Chinese government does not believe in religion, and the succession is entirely a spiritual matter for the Tibetan people, the head of the Tawang monastery in Arunachal Pradesh has said.
4. India has handed over 34.9 km long cross-border rail link to Nepal government, that connects Jayanagar in Bihar to Kurtha in Nepal.
5. Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh has congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi on India achieving the historic milestone of administering 1 billion doses of COVID 19 vaccine on October 21.
1. An emergency zone was declared around a blazing cargo ship off western Canada after containers carrying more than 50 tons of a dangerous chemical caught fire. Sixteen crew members were evacuated from the MV Zim Kingston off Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, the Canadian Coast Guard said in a statement.
2. UK Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Elizabeth Truss said, It is the UK's key priority now to ensure Afghanistan doesn't become a hotbed of terrorism.
3. China passed its New Education Law on October 23, 2021 with the aim of cutting the “twin pressures” of homework and off-site tutoring in the core subjects. China took several assertive moves ranging from:
@Tackling addiction of youngsters to online games,
@Deemed a form of spiritual opium.
@Clamp down on blind worship of internet celebrities.
4. Bangladesh has planned to present its “climate prosperity plan” at the upcoming United Nations climate talks in Glasgow. 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) has been scheduled from October 31 to November 12 in Glasgow, Scotland.
5. Afghanistan, at least two civilians were killed and four others injured in roadside bomb blasts targeting a Taliban vehicle in Jalalabad.
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2021
1. 15th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh,
BAN - 171/4 (20)
SL - 172/5 (18.5)
Sri Lanka won by 5 wkts
2 . 16th Match , Super 12 Group 2
India vs Pakistan ,
Pakistan won by 10 wkts
IND - 151/7 (20)
PAK - 152/0 (17.5)
3. 17th Match,
Super 12 Group 2,
Afghanistan vs Scotland,
Starts at 19:30 IST, (14:00 GMT)
USD 75.0????GBP 103.21
In Tamil Nadu : Chennai
????Gold ₹49,[email protected] gm 24 (Krt)
???? Silver ₹69,[email protected] Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104.68
⛽ Diesel ₹ 100.74
LPG : ₹ 916/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,821.62
NIFTY : 18,114.90
FACTS ABOUT INDIA
Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai - known as the father of the Indian space program (ISRO). In 1962, Vikram Sarabhai was given Isro's charge and worked for a token salary of one rupee in view of his personal wealth.
One of India's most admired scientists Vikram Sarabhai, in full Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai, was born in Ahmedabad on August 12, 1919. Vikram Sarabhai was born into a family of industrialists. His father Ambalal Sarabhai built Calico Mills, one of Ahmedabad’s oldest textile mills that ran for over a century. Vikram Sarabhai founded the Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) in Ahmedabad on November 11, 1947. He was only 28 at that time. Sarabhai was a creator and cultivator of institutions and PRL was the first step in that direction. Vikram Sarabhai served of PRL from 1966-1971. from 1966-1971.
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning
❓ WHY ❓
Why in the rainbow red seen on the top and Violet is on the bottom
In the visible spectrum wavelength, red is the least refracted wave. so the start of the rainbow colour is the least refracted, then gradually changing up to the most refracted (violet) . The order is always the same because as the wave lengths go from longest to shortest, so we see the corresponding colours in this order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. We call this ‘Optics’ and it has been studied since the 17 Century.
Interestingly, the bodies Chakra energy points have the same wavelength order and go from the Root chakra (red) up to the top of the head, 9Crown Chakra) which vibrates at Violet. Each vibrating energy matches with a different colour.
HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a monkey can climb trees easily
Monkeys have long arms and opposable thumbs. They are very adept at climbing trees. However, when they climb trees they hold on to branches for support.
They can live for between 10 and 50 years. Like humans, monkeys have unique fingerprints.
Rishang Keishing (25 October 1920 – 22 August 2017) was a senior politician of the Indian National Congress party and a Member of the Parliament of India representing Manipur in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament.
Keishing served as Chief Minister of Manipur from 1980 to 1988 and from 1994 to 1997.
Pinaka : Pinaka is Sanskrit in origin and it's meaning is bow or trident. Pinaka is the name of the bow of Shiva.
As per original Valmiki Ramayana, two bows were created by God Devendra of equal capacity which were given to Rudra and Vishnu and requested them to fight with each other to know who is the powerful one. However just before the start of the war an Aakashvani said that the war will lead to total destruction and hence the war was stopped. On hearing Aakashvani, Rudra threw his Dhanush which fell on earth to be later known as "Shiva dhanush". It was later found by King Devaratha, the ancestor of King Janaka
HEALTH CARE : HOME REMEDIES
Hydration is an important and often overlooked marker of health. Staying hydrated helps ensure that your body is functioning optimally and that your blood volume is sufficient . Drinking water is the best way to stay hydrated, as it’s free of calories, sugar, and additives.Read More
Army recruitment scam accused booked after 16 months
Ahmedgarh, October 25
After shuttling between many offices for 16 months a youth of Phallewal village in Ludhiana district has succeeded in getting a swindler booked for allegedly duping several persons of the region of Rs23.7 lakh on pretext of getting them recruited in the Army.
The accused, who is already languishing in Aligarh Jail in Uttar Pradesh, in connection with a similar case registered at the Iglas police station has been identified as Sarwan Singh, alias Pardeep, alias Peeru, of Nurpur Bet town in Ludhiana district.
Though complainants led by Chanan Singh of Phallewal village had lodged a formal complaint on August 25, 2020, at the office of the Senior Superintendent of Police at Jagraon, a case under Section 420 and 406, IPC, was registered at the Jodhan police station on the intervention of the SSP, Ludhiana (Rural), Rajbachan Singh.
Investigation officer Jagrup Singh informed further action would be taken after bringing the accused on production warrants.
The Ludhiana (Rural) police has initiated a probe into the fake Army employment scam in which the swindler posing as a senior Army official had not only duped dozens of youth of the region on pretext on recruitment, but also invited them to Indian Air Force Station, Halwara, to board an Army airplane to reach their place of posting on July 17, 2020.
It was then suspected that around 100 youth of Malwa had shelled out approximately Rs50 lakh for serving the nation in various wings of the Army. Interestingly, no advertisement for recruitment was published. All victims were lured through messages for recruitment.
Having failed to get recruited in Army in 52 attempts, despite being an athlete Chanan Singh was lured by the uniformed swindler, who introduced himself as Lt-Col Sandeep Gill. Impressed by his disposition Chanan persuaded other youth of his village to reach Guru Nanak Stadium, Ludhiana, for initial screening and then Jallandhar for appearing in written examination for the final selection.
"Though no examination was held when we reached Jallandhar , Gill informed us telephonically that things had been managed otherwise," Chanan told the Sudhar police during preliminary investigation, when he along with other victims, visited the police station to lodge a complaint on July 17, 2020.
Victims were provided kits containing trousers and T shirts and asked to get ready for reporting at respective units soon thereafter.Read More
Fasting, celebrations mark Karva Chauth
Ludhiana, October 25
After an year that was low on celebrations due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year gave a chance to city women to splurge on festivities and celebrate Karva Chauth with fervour.
While majority of women had already applied mehndi, some were seen getting their hands inked at the last moment. City markets were abuzz with activity from the last few days. Artists could be seen working at mehndi stalls till wee hours.
Rohini Datta from the South City said last year was a low key affair. She even applied mehndi at home. "As Covid cases subsided, I got myself a new dress, a designer applied mehndi on my hands and celebrated the festival with fervour," she said.
A group of women from BRS Nagar, who celebrate the festival together every year, said, "Karva Chauth is a ritual. We performed 'pooja' and listen to 'katha' together in the evening. Last year was different as we had an online puja ceremony, but this year we were back to our old routine, listened to 'katha', performed 'pooja' and exchanged 'thalis'."
"The happiness and excitement of festivals increases when celebrated together," said Manreet from BRS Nagar.
For Aprajita, it was a special occasion as it was her first Karva Chauth. "I was excited. My husband gifted me a ring and my in-laws made me feel so special today. My first experience of keeping fast went well as everyone in the family pampered me with gifts," she said.
Meanwhile, there are some exceptional couples like Surinder and Bimal, who have been fasting together from the past 20 years. "It is a ritual for us. Both of us keep fast together. Right from my first Karva Chauth till today, we have kept fast together. It makes our bond stronger," said Bimal.Read More
Man arrested for robbery bid
Ludhiana, October 25
The Police Division 4 solved the Gandhi Nagar robbery attempt case with the arrest of one person. Two miscreants had attempted to loot a migrant hosiery worker early on Saturday morning.The arrested accused has been identified as Neeraj of New Balmik Nagar. The second accused is yet to be identified. A case was registered in this regard on Saturday.Investigating officer ASI Hardeep Singh said yesterday when the incident came to the fore, the police during a probe checked the CCTV camera footage of the crime. Later, the police checked other CCTV cameras which helped the police in identifying one of the accused.The ASI said after identifying the accused, the police nabbed him on Saturday night and soon the other accused would also be arrested.Meanwhile, Gandhi Nagar market manufacturers and shopkeepers had raised safety concern.They alleged that if criminals continue to commit loot, their businesses would get affected. Since this market was known for hosiery goods and it had a huge footfall of traders and businessmen, the police should increase patrolling in the area.Meanwhile, the police have also asked all businessmen to install CCTV cameras on the premises of their outlets as it would help check crime in the area.Read More
Four nabbed on gambling charge
Ludhiana, October 25
The CIA wing of the Jagraon police yesterday nabbed four persons on the charges of gambling and for running an illegal lottery racket in separate cases. Cases under the Gambling Act were registered in both incidents.
In the first incident, the police nabbed Hansraj, alias Hansa, and Jaswant Singh, alias Santa, both residents of Kothe Khajure, Jagraon.
ASI Randhir Singh said a tip-off was received that the accused were running illegal lottery. The police laid a trap and nabbed the accused red-handed. In the other case, the police nabbed Karamjit Singh, alias Bittu, and Kulbhushan Kumar of Jagraon red- handed when they were asking people to invest in 'darra satta' (illegal lottery) and were promising handsome returns. — TNSRead More